U.S. stocks closed lower on Tuesday, with the Nasdaq 100 dropping more than 1% following a decline in Apple Inc AAPL and Microsoft Corporation MSFT shares.
Let’s have a look at the major economic events scheduled for today.
- The MBA’s index of mortgage application activity for the latest week is scheduled for release at 7:00 a.m. ET.
- Cleveland Federal Reserve Bank President Loretta Mester is set to speak at 8:00 a.m. ET.
- The ADP national employment report for August will be released at 8:15 a.m. ET. Analysts expect private payrolls increasing 225,000 in August.
- The Chicago PMI for August is scheduled for release at 9:45 a.m. Analysts expect an unchanged reading of 52.1 for August.
- The State Street Investor Confidence Index for August will be released at 10:00 a.m. ET.
- The Energy Information Administration’s weekly report on petroleum inventories in the U.S. is scheduled for release at 10:30 a.m. ET.
- Data on farm prices for July will be released at 3:00 p.m. ET.
- Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas President Lorie Logan will speak at 6:00 p.m. ET.
- Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta President Raphael Bostic is set to speak at 6:30 p.m. ET.
Check out our premarket coverage here
Image and article originally from www.benzinga.com. Read the original article here.