The earnings season is almost over, and we are getting ready to start the final sprint toward the end of the year. If you are like us and you are fully invested, it wasn’t a good one. Because investment decisions must be taken with as much clear information as possible, here’s a review of the best and worst news from Q3-2022 and Mike’s input on them.
Have some questions for Mike? Do not miss our upcoming webinar on on How to invest in a time of crisis. We’ll address the delicate situation of being a retiree (or soon to retire) in this crazy market.
- The overall results were not so bad on the market! Many companies that reported double-digit growth still got beaten down.
- It was a big quarter for 3M (MMM) that saw its sales declined about 3%, and EPS – 4%. It also announced the spin-off of its healthcare segment. But what killed the stock is related to the 220,000 lawsuits against the company.
- The quarter itself was not that bad for Open Text (OTEX), but the acquisition of Micro Focus International for $6B put the market in doubt.
- Growth perspectives seem to dry up for Intel (INTC). Is the stock a value trap?
- Aecon Group (ARE.TO) also reported some losses. Is the market right, or is it overreacting?
- Stanley Black & Decker (SWK) falls in the worst news category because of hype and bad short-term results. How does it future look?
- Each time Mike thinks CAE (CAE) will return to a pre-pandemic state (strong growth), there is a bug…
- News is all good for Disney (DIS). Will it become a darling again?
- Sylogist (SYZ.TO) has been stressful for many investors lately but its most recent quarter was pretty good, with record revenue! Will it be enough?
- The technology sector has it rough, yet some companies like Texas Instruments (TXN) find ways to thrive. Its EPS surged by 20% and revenue went up by 14%.
- Alimentation Couche-Tard (ATD.TO) will remain on Mike’s favorites list. Will it make a new acquisition soon?
- Canadian Banks seem to call for the winter… Mike summarizes their results.
Here’s the complete Canadian Banks Quarterly video review! 😉 At the end, Mike offers you the investment thesis for each of them or the reasons why you should buy them.
What if some losers on the market weren’t bad stocks but buying opportunities? Here are dividend growth stocks – including SWK – that show strong fundamentals but still got killed by the market this year.
The Best Dividends to Your Inbox!
Download our Top Stocks for 2022 booklet now and do not miss out on the good stuff! Receive our Portfolio Workbook and weekly emails including our latest podcast episode!
Follow Mike, The Dividend Guy, on:
If you have ideas for guests, topics for The Dividend Guy Blog podcast, or simply to say hello, then shoot me an email.
This podcast episode has been provided by Dividend Stocks Rock.
Image and article originally from www.thedividendguyblog.com. Read the original article here.